Senior management support for companies considering, or in the process of, acquiring, selling, integrating, or raising new finance. With over 10 years Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) experience in Industry, the leading ‘Big 4’ accountancy practice M&A team, and Interim M&A Advisory.
How we can help
We have over 20 years specialist experience of buying, selling and growing companies both in industry and as an advisor. With the direct experience of having acquired, having been acquired, sold and closed companies whilst in industry, and having advised on landmark transactions such as Aston Martin, Jaguar-Land Rover, Sunseeker, as well as smaller family and owner managed businesses.
Why use a specialist M&A advisor?
- Project Management: Experienced M&A leader to efficiently and effectively assist you to coordinate the internal team (where appropriate) and various advisors (Lawyers, Banks etc) to enable the project to be proactively controlled, run efficiently, minimise transaction time and costs, and dramatically increase the chances of success
- Maintain business focus: M&A transactions require intensive periods of activity requiring full time senior management effort and energy. Hiring an M&A specialist to work with management enables them to control the transaction whilst having the time to run the existing business. Typically M&A transactions can take over management’s schedules resulting in them ‘taking their eye off the ball’ to the detriment of both the transaction and the existing business
- Flexibility: The support of an experienced senior M&A manager when you need it without the need to set-up, or increase, your own in-house M&A team
- Cost: At a fraction of the cost than if hired from a consultancy practice; typically a third
- Independence: A balanced and independent perspective not constrained by potential internal conflict of interest (history, politics, threat to job or other baggage) and not tied to any other members of the external advisory team, ensuring an independent and balanced approach
- Perspective: Unique experience from all aspects of a transaction having hands on management experience of: Line management in industry; being sold; acquisitions; disposals; carve outs; refinancing, and integration
- Credentials: Leading role on over 50 transactions including:
- Landmark deals: Aston Martin, Jaguar LandRover, Sunseeker, IBM, Motorola, NEC, Avaya
- Mid market transactions: Dimensions Corporatewear, Palletways, Gradus, telent, Dechra, Sagem, Gossen Matrawatt
- Corporate, Private Equity, Family owned companies, Cross border transactions (UK, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America & Asia), complex carve outs, outsourcing to low cost countries, Buying a business