If you are thinking of selling a business within the next few years it is important that you prepare your business ready for sale well in advance as many of the changes needed to maximise price will take some time to implement and take effect.
If your house is poorly maintained or decorated you wouldn’t expect to get the same price as one that was in top condition, the same is true when you are selling a business.
How we can help
We have over 20 years specialist experience of buying, selling and growing companies both in industry and as an advisor. With the direct experience of having acquired, having been acquired, sold and closed companies whilst in industry, and having advised on landmark transactions such as Aston Martin, Jaguar-Land Rover, Sunseeker, as well as smaller family and owner managed businesses.
The services we offer include:
- Preparation – look at your business the same way a potential buyer would and highlight the issues and help develop an action plan to address them
- Preparation – preparation of the business ready for a sale to maximise the price
- Information pack – we will help you to prepare an information pack to accurately and effectively present your business in an appropriate manner to maximise value
- Identify potential buyers – we will help you to identify potential buyers and where appropriate make confidential approaches on your behalf
- Due diligence – we will help you manage the buyers detailed analysis of your business and minimise the disruption to your business
- Negotiation – we will support you through the negotiation process and assist you and your lawyer through the legal contracts
- Project management – we are able to support you with the project management of the sale allowing you the time to manage your existing business to ensure that you don’t take your eye off the ball before the business is sold.
- Separation – we will help you separate the business in an appropriate manner to ensure that you minimise the disruption to you and the business and maximise your returns.